Stainless steel has excellent mechanical characteristics
- The yield strengths vary from one grade to another, ranging from 320 MPa for austenitic 304 stainless steel up to 620 MPa for duplex stainless steel, allowing the use of lower thicknesses for a single grade. outfit.
- Its coefficient of expansion also varies from one shade to another. For ferritic stainless steels, it is about 1.1 (mm / m for 100 ° C), undeniable asset on the cover where the authorized lengths are higher than for other commonly used materials.
- Stainless steel retains its mechanical properties even at very low temperatures; it does not become fragile even in the case of negative temperatures. This quality is an important asset in cold regions and makes it the ideal mountain material.
- Stainless steel is a non-flammable material. The creep temperatures are higher than those of many metallic materials, the mechanical characteristics decrease from 650 ° C.
Stainless steel resists corrosion
The choice of shade and appearance will be made according to the environment to which the building is exposed.
- It is important that the choice of surface appearance is compatible with the environment encountered.
- In the same way, the low-roughness aspects, such as UGINOX BRIGHT, are the most resistant to corrosion because they are unlikely to retain contaminants and are more easily “self-cleaning”.